Cost per recipe $0.00 view details
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate Frosting or possibly Powdered Sugar Glaze
- Cream butter; gradually add in sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer till light an fluffy. Add in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; add in to creamed mix, mixing well. Refrigeratedough at least 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place about 2 inches apart on ungreaed cookie sheets. Press thumb in each cookie leaving an indention. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 to 25 min; don't brown. Cold on wire racks. Spoon about 1/2 tsp. Chocolate Frosting or possibly Powdered Sugar Glaze in each cookie indention. Yield: 3 1/2 dozen.