Cost per recipe $5.67 view details
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 x yellow onion, minced
- 1 x red onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine
- 2 x leeks, whites parts only, cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 2 x Large eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh dill weed
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh tarragon
- 4 ounce , feta cheese or possibly dry goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 x plum tomato, thinly sliced crosswise
- Â Â fine bread crumbs
- Â Â grnd black pepper
- Method:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add in the yellow and red onions, and saute/fry over moderate heat for 5 min. Stir in the wine, then add in the leeks.
- Saute/fry for another 15 min, stirring frequently, or possibly till the onions are golden brown and the leeks are limp. Remove from heat.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, combine the beaten Large eggs with dill, tarragon, feta cheese, pepper, and 2 Tbsp. parsley. Stir in the onion mix.
- 4. Oil a 10 inch tart pan, and line the bottom generously with bread crumbs.
- Pour in the onion mix. Ring the outside edge of the pie with tomato slices, and sprinkle the remaining 1 Tbsp. parsley in the center.
- Sprinkle a light layer of bread crumbs over the entire top.
- 5. Bake for 40 to 45 min, or possibly till the mix is set and the top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 min, then cut into wedges and serve.
- Makes 1 - 10 inch pie
- This pie is simple to prepare. Serve with a salad for dinner, or possibly with fruit for brunch.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 793g|
|Calories from Fat 548||61%|
|Total Fat 62.02g||78%|
|Saturated Fat 22.17g||89%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 51.34g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|