Cost per recipe $14.74 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Minced onion
- 3/4 c. Finely minced peeled carrots
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 8 ounce Lean grnd beef
- 6 ounce Spicy Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 can (28-ounce) crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 1/4 c. Tomato paste
- 1/4 c. Minced fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. Golden sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Dry oregano
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Dry crushed red pepper
- 15 x Lasagna noodles, (about 12 ounces)
- 2 ct , (15-ounce) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 c. Grated Parmesan cheese, (about 3 ounces)
- 1 pkt (10-ounce) frzn minced spinach, thawed, liquid removed, squeezed dry
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 4Â 3/4 c. Grated mozzarella cheese, (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- FOR SAUCE: Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add in onion, carrots and garlic; saute/fry till softened, about 12 min. Add in beef and sausages to pan; saute/fry till cooked through, breaking up meat with back of spoon, about 5 min. Add in remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer till flavors blend and sauce measures about 5 c., stirring occasionally, about 15 min. Throw away bay leaf. Cold.
- FOR LASAGNA: Preheat oven to 350 F. Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water till almost tender, about 7 min. Drain; cover with cool water.
- Combine ricotta and 3/4 c. Parmesan cheese in medium bowl. Fold in spinach.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold in Large eggs.
- Drain pasta and pat dry. Spread 1/2 c. sauce over bottom of 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Place 5 noodles over sauce, overlapping to fit. Spread half of ricotta-spinach mix proportionately over noodles. Sprinkle 2 c. mozzarella cheese proportionately over ricotta-spinach mix. Spoon 1 1/2 c. sauce over cheese, spreading with spatula to cover (sauce will be thick).
- Repeat layering with 5 noodles, remaining ricotta-spinach mix, 2 c. mozzarella and 1 1/2 c. sauce. Arrange remaining 5 noodles over sauce.
- Spread remaining sauce over noodles. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 c. mozzarella cheese and 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese proportionately over lasagna. (Can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill.) Cover baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake lasagna 40 min; uncover and bake till warm and bubbly, about 40 min. Let lasagna stand 15 min before serving.
- 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1535g|
|Calories from Fat 2242||58%|
|Total Fat 249.91g||312%|
|Saturated Fat 113.82g||455%|
|Trans Fat 2.13g|
|Total Carbs 131.71g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.4g||41%|