Cost per serving $0.62 view details
- 2 c. Water
- 1/2 c. Enriched Hominy Quick Grits* (Quaker or possibly Aunt Jemima)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)
- 2 ounce Shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 ounce Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Margarine or possibly butter
- 1 x Egg, beaten
- 1 sm Garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 1-quart. casserole. Bring water to a boil; slowly stir in grits and salt. Return to boil; reduce heat. Simmer 2 to 3 min or possibly till thickened, stirring occasionally. Add in cheeses and margarine; stir till melted. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into casserole. Bake 30 to 35 min or possibly till knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- *NOTE: To substitute regular Quaker or possibly Aunt Jemima Enriched Hominy Grits, increase water to 2-1/2 c. and simmer time to 12 to 14 min or possibly till thickened, stirring occasionally. Proceed as recipe directs.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In 1-quart. microwaveable casserole, microwave water at HIGH 4 to 6 min or possibly till boiling. Stir in regular or possibly quick grits and salt. Microwave at HIGH 3 to 4 min or possibly till thickened, stirring once. Add in cheeses and margarine; stir till melted. Stir in remaining ingredients. Microwave at HIGH 8 to 10 min or possibly till knife inserted in center comes out clean, rotating casserole every 3 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 193g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 153||70%|
|Total Fat 17.35g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 8.02g||32%|
|Trans Fat 1.04g|
|Total Carbs 4.63g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|