Cost per recipe $9.93 view details
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 x Skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 lrg Onion, minced
- 2 lrg Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Dry oregano
- 1 can (15-ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1/3 c. Dry white wine
- 2 x Bay leaves
- 8 ounce Penne, freshly cooked
- 1 c. Grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 c. Grated Asiago or possibly Romano cheese
- 1/3 c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add in chicken to skillet;saute/fry till outside is white, about 1 minute per side; transfer to plate. Add in onion, garlic and oregano to skillet and saute/fry till onion begins to soften, about 4 min. Add in tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes with their juices, wine and bay leaves and cook till sauce thickens, breaking up tomatoes with spoon, about 8 min; throw away bay leaves.
- Line prepared dish with penne. Arrange chicken over. Spoon sauce over, covering chicken and pasta completely. Mix cheeses in small bowl. Sprinkle cheeses over sauce. Bake till chicken is just cooked through and sauce bubbles, about 20 min.
- 6 Servings
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 932g|
|Calories from Fat 1014||40%|
|Total Fat 114.65g||143%|
|Saturated Fat 40.67g||163%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 188.27g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.7g||32%|