Cost per recipe $9.60 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. green beans or possibly
- Â Â yellow wax beans or possibly combination trimmed, washed,
- Â Â and cut in half diagonally
- 1 sm onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp umeboshi vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. brown rice vinegar
- Â Â (or possibly red wine vinegar)
- 1Â 1/3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 x garlic clove chopped
- 1/4 c. canned chickpeas rinsed, liquid removed
- 1/4 c. canned kidney beans rinsed, liquid removed
- 4 ounce smoked tofu - (to 6) cubed
- 4 lrg iceberg lettuce leaves
- Fill medium saucepan (which can be fitted with steamer basket) with 1 inch water. Place steamer basket in pan and put green and/or possibly yellow wax beans in steamer. Bring water to a boil, cover and steam till tender, 4 to 5 min. Run beans under cool water; drain. Place in 2-qt mixing bowl and set aside.
- In 1-qt saucepan, combine onion and vinegars. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove from heat; add in extra virgin olive oil, cover and let stand 10 to 15 min. Add in mustard, parsley and garlic.
- Add in chickpeas and kidney beans to the green and/or possibly yellow beans. Add in seasoned onion mix. Stir to coat. Add in tofu and stir again. Arrange lettuce leaves on plate. Spoon bean and tofu mix over lettuce.
- This recipe yields 1 serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3485g|
|Calories from Fat 145||14%|
|Total Fat 16.7g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 182.52g||49%|
|Dietary Fiber 67.2g||224%|