Cost per recipe $9.02 view details
- 1 lg. onion, minced
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, minced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce.) can kidney beans, rinsed & liquid removed
- 1 (15 ounce.) can pinto beans, liquid removed
- 1 (15 ounce.) can black beans, liquid removed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce.) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 c. chicken broth or possibly stock
- 3/4 - 1 c. picante sauce, as desired
- 1 teaspoon grnd cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional Garnishes: Shredded cheddar or possibly Monterey Jack cheese, minced fresh cilantro, green onion slices, dairy lowfat sour cream.
- Cook onion in oil in large saucepan or possibly Dutch oven till onion is tender but not brown. Add in remaining ingredients, except optional garnishes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 45 min. Ladle into bowls and serve with your choice of garnishes. Yield: 10 c..
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2959g|
|Calories from Fat 364||14%|
|Total Fat 41.75g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 5.32g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 457.61g||122%|
|Dietary Fiber 123.6g||412%|