Cost per serving $0.02 view details
- Two New York or Rib Eye steaks, roughly 1.5 - 2 inches in thickness.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Remove steaks from fridge 90 minutes before cooking time. Dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a heavy (Lodge) cast-iron skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Coat the bottom of skillet with canola oil.
- Liberally salt the steaks (don't use pepper, as this will burn in the cast iron and unnecessarily blacken the meat).
- Place steaks in pan and sear for 2.5 minutes on each side, flipping once.
- When searing is complete, transfer to oven and roast for 9 minutes . This will produce a medium-rare steak.
- Let steaks rest under aluminum foil for 5 minutes before plating.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 4g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||100%|
|Total Fat 4.5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.33g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|