This is a print preview of "The Ultimate Italian Snack Mix" recipe.
The Ultimate Italian Snack Mix Recipe
Italian-seasoned Crispix® cereal with zesty pepperoni, Pecorino Romano, Provolone and Grana Padano cheeses is the ultimate snack taste sensation!
Recipe and photo by Deena Montillo,
|Prep time: 20 minutes
|Cook time: 20 minutes
||Servings: 4 Servings
Wine and Drink Pairings:
glass of wine, cold beer
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 cups Kellogg’s® Crispix® cereal
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
pinch of dried parsley flakes
hot red pepper flakes, finely ground (optional)
1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, cut to 1/8-inch thick, 1/4-inch squares
1/4 cup Provolone cheese, cut to 1/8-inch thick, 1/4-inch squares
1/2 cup Grana Padano cheese, cut to 1/8-inch thick, 1/4-inch squares
1/2 cup pepperoni 1-inch round stick, casing removed, cut to 1/8-inch thick, 1/4-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 225Â°F.
- In a glass measuring cup, add the olive oil, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, then stir. Microwave on high for 40 seconds, then stir to dissolve most of the salt.
- In a large bowl, add the CrispixÂ® cereal. Stir the seasoned oil mixture, then drizzle it over the cereal. Immediately toss to evenly coat each piece of cereal.
- In a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish, add the seasoned CrispixÂ® cereal. Sprinkle with parsley. Optional: For a spicier snack mix, also sprinkle with hot red pepper to taste, toss to combine.
- Bake for 5 minutes, toss, repeat, until the cereal is crunchy, about 20 minutes. Transfer the cereal onto a paper towel lined cookie sheet, and cover with a layer of paper towel. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, add the seasoned CrispixÂ® cereal, cheese squares, and pepperoni pieces. Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!
- NOTE: The seasoned CrispixÂ® cereal can be prepared in advance and stored in an airtight container. Do not refrigerate. Add the cheese and pepperoni just before serving.