A Chocolate Fudge Cake with Cheesecake filling and a Nutella Buttercream Frosting
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Servings: 25 Servings
Cost per serving $0.54 view details
- Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Nutella (softened)
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 sticks Butter
- 3 cups Confectioners Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350Â°
- Prepare / Grease (2) 9 inch cake pans
- Prepare and Bake Cake per box directions.
- Divide cake batter among (2) 9 inch cake pans evenly.
- Remove cakes from oven when touched in middle it bounces back.
- Do not turn oven off.
- Cool cakes on racks 15 minutes.
- Move oven racks, leaving one middle rack, and one lowest rack.
- Place an oblong baking pan on lower rack. Fill 1/2 - 3/4 with water.
- Clean and dry cake pans.
- Prepare/Grease cake pans
- Line both cake pans edges with parchment paper.
- Make Filling:
- Combine in a mixing bowl the eggs and sugar.
- Add cream cheese.
- Whip until smooth.
- Add vanilla and combine.
- Place one of the cakes into a prepared cake pan.
- Top each cake with cream cheese filling. (divide evenly)
- Be sure to not let filling fall off sides of cake.
- Try to maintain an edge of cake.
- Bake @ 350Â° for precisely 30 mins. No more, no less.
- Remove from oven, and cool 15 mins.
- Remove from pans, gingerly.
- (I turned them out onto my hand then to a plate VERY quickly. If you do this and there is a little damage on one of them, no worries. Use that cake as the bottom cake. Remember you're frosting this bad boy.)
- Cool cakes completely. Very important.
- Combine in a mixing bowl, the Nutella and the milk.
- Beat until smooth. Add cream cheese and butter. Beat until smooth.
- Add Vanilla. combine.
- Add Confectioners Sugar. Whip until fluffy and smooth.
- Frosting the Cake:
- **Be sure your cakes are completely cooled. The frosting will melt and slide on warm cakes. Yuck...
- On completely cooled cakes:
- ** I piped frosting along the top edge of the bottom layer. Remember where I said to maintain a cake edge without cream cheese? This is where you pipe or spoon frosting. This edge of frosting is what will keep your top layer in place. I did not frost the whole middle. I only edged it. I didn't want to interrupt the cream cheese filling. I then frosted the cake as usual.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 91g|
|Recipe makes 25 servings|
|Calories from Fat 181||56%|
|Total Fat 20.51g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 9.6g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0.15g|
|Total Carbs 33.75g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|