This dish goes straight to the first place in my favorite foods list! It is absolutely perfect! I like beans a lot and I have tried different recipes but this one has the ideal combination of flavors. I know, I know I'm bragging but still...you have to try it and you'll see that I'm right.
Use dry butter beans! Don't cheat and use canned ones because I don't guarantee that the taste and texture will be same.
- 500g dry Lima Beans (Butter Beans) *soaked overnight, optional
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp dry tarragon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon (if you don't have this ingredient you can double the quantity for dry tarragon)
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp unrefined sunflower oil
- 1/3 tsp ground pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- Boil the beans for 2-3 hours (half this time if previously soaked). Change the water at least 2 times. Don't skip this step! Beans are hard to digest and if you didn't soak them overnight they will release bad enzymes into the boiling water.
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- SautÃ© the onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the drained beans.
- Add water just enough to cover the beans.
- Add bay leaves, pepper, salt, dry and fresh tarragon, chopped garlic and paprika.
- Cook for half an hour.
- Serve and enjoy this flavorful dish!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 121g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 8||3%|
|Total Fat 0.97g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.21g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 58.18g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.4g||58%|