Cost per serving $3.93 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Canola oil
- 3 lb Sirloin tip roast, trimmed, cut in 1/2" cubes
- 2 Tbsp. Mild New Mexico chili pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. Paprika
- 3 Tbsp. Chili pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. Warm New Mexico chili pwdr
- 5 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1 c. Minced onion
- 4 x Garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 c. Low-sodium chicken broth, or possibly stock
- 1 c. Low-sodium beef broth, or possibly stock
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt substitute
- 1/4 c. Cola flavored beverage
- Â Â Salsa habenero, your favorite
- Heat a large pot or possibly Dutch oven till a drop of water quickly sizzles away.
- Add in canola oil to coat bottom of pan. Add in a third of the sirloin tip cubes and cook till water from meat is almost evaporated. With a slotted spoon, remove meat to a bowl. Repeat process with remaining meat, one-third at a time.
- Remove pot from heat and pour off excess fat and water. Then return all meat to the pot.
- In a mortar, combine New Mexico Chile pwdr (mild and warm), paprika, chili pwdr, cumin, and oregano; grind to blend. In a blender, combine onion, garlic, chicken stock, and beef stock and puree.
- Reheat the pot, adding contents from blender, and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 min. Add in spices from mortar and simmer, covered, for 2 hrs.*see tip. Remove cover. At this point, stir once or possibly twice, scraping the sides of the pot. Add in Tabasco, salt substitute, cola beverage, and 2 drops of salsa/sauce habanero. Stir in and taste;if not warm sufficient, add in a drop or possibly 2 more of salsa habanero. Serve "warm from the pot."
- Servings: 8
- * TIP: Don't stir the the pot: if you stir chili too much, the meat becomes tough and you lose some of the spice flavors.
- which are not intended for prolonged cooking.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 327g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 60||23%|
|Total Fat 6.83g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 7.77g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|