Cost per recipe $6.23 view details
- 8 ounce (1/8 inch wide) rice noodles
- 1 whole chicken breast, boned, skinned
- 8 medium-size shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. fish sauce
- 3 tblsp sugar
- 1 tblsp lime juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp red (cayenne) pepper
- 1/2 lb bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, white part only, cut into 1 inch shreds
- 3 tblsp vegetable oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 egg
- 4 tblsp finely crushed roasted peanuts
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl.
- Cover with water; soak 45 min.
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2" by 1/3" strips.
- Cut shrimp in half lengthwise; set aside.
- Combine water, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, paprika, and red pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Reserve 1/4 of bean sprouts for topping; combine remaining bean sprouts and green onions.
- Drain noodles.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add in oil and heat.
- Add in garlic; fry until garlic starts to brown.
- Increase heat. Add in chicken; stir-fry till almost cooked, about 2 minutes
- Push chicken to one side. Break egg into wok. Stir quickly to break up yolk and scramble egg. When egg is set, mix with chicken.
- Add in drained noodles, shrimp, fish-sauce mix and 3 Tbsp. peanuts.
- Cook and stir over high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until noodles are soft and most of liquid is absorbed.
- Add in green-onion mix; cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
- Spoon onto a heated platter.
- Sprinkle with reserved bean sprouts, then with remaining peanuts.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 786g|
|Calories from Fat 693||60%|
|Total Fat 77.78g||97%|
|Saturated Fat 11.41g||46%|
|Trans Fat 1.22g|
|Total Carbs 68.8g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.7g||32%|