Cost per serving $2.01 view details
- 3 c. rice, long-grain, Thai, sticky
- Â Â Northern Thai Sauce
- 1 tsp shrimp, dry
- 1 x shallot, small, chopped
- 2 x chili, Thai, bird, sliced
- 2 tsp lemon, rind, finely, grated
- 1 Tbsp. oil, vegetable
- 1 x garlic, clove, large, minced
- 8 ounce beef, lean, grnd
- 8 ounce pork, lean, grnd
- 1Â 1/2 c. tomato, canned, liquid removed
- 1 Tbsp. sauce, fish
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp lime, juice
- In large bowl or possibly container, twice volume of rice; cover with 3 inches (8 cm) of water.
- Soak for at least 8 hrs or possibly for up to 24 hrs. (Alternately, soak in hot water for about 2 hrs.)
- Drain rice; place in steamer basket or possibly steamer over boiling water, making sure water does not touch rice.
- Cover and steam for 25 min, or possibly till rice is tender and shiny, adding boiling water to maintain level if necessary.
- Remove from steamer, breaking up into small clumps.
- If not serving immediately cover with cloth or possibly lid to prevent from drying out.
- Northern Thai Sauce:Using mortar and pestle grind together dry shrimp, shallot, chilies and lemon rind.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add in shrimp mix; stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add in beef; stir-fry for 3 min or possibly till no longer pink.
- Add in tomatoes, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min or possibly till medium-thick consistency.
- Serve sauce with handful of rice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 351g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 142||19%|
|Total Fat 15.89g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 4.85g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.62g|
|Total Carbs 118.38g||32%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|