Cost per recipe $5.21 view details
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. grated gingerroot
- 3/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 3/4 c. canned unsweetened coconut lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 4 green onions with tops, cut into 1-inch pcs
- 1. Cut chicken crosswise into 3/8-inch-wide strips; place in shallow glass dish.
- 2. Combine soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Reserve 3 Tbsp. mix; cover and chill. Add in water to remaining mix. Pour over chicken; toss to coat well. Cover; marinate in refrigerator at least 30 min or possibly up to 2 hrs, stirring mix occasionally.
- 3. Soak 8 (10- to 12-inch) bamboo skewers 20 min in cool water to prevent them from burning; drain. Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- 4. Meanwhile, for peanut sauce, combine coconut lowfat milk, 3 Tbsp. reserved soy sauce mix and peanut butter in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2 to 4 min or possibly till sauce thickens. Keep hot.
- 5. Drain chicken; reserve marinade. Weave 3 to 4 chicken strips accordion-style onto each skewer, alternating with green onion pcs. Brush chicken and onions with reserved marinade. Throw away remaining marinade.
- 6. Place skewers on grid. Grill skewers on uncovered grill over medium-warm coals 6 to 8 min or possibly till chicken is no longer pink, turning halfway through grilling time. Serve with hot peanut sauce for dipping.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 580g|
|Calories from Fat 254||34%|
|Total Fat 30.09g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 18.76g||75%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 42.88g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.0g||20%|