Cost per recipe $29.42 view details
- 3 c. vegetable oil, for frying
- 20 won ton skins, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 8 c. shredded mixed salad greens
- 4 c. bite-size pcs of barbecued or possibly roast chicken (from a 3 lb bird)
- 1 c. bean sprouts
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into thin julienne
- 1/2 european seedless cucumber (about 8 ounce), cut into thin julienne
- 6 tblsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 c. fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 1/4 c. (packed) light brown sugar
- 4 serrano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tblsp finely chopped fresh lemon grass (optional)
- 1 tblsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh mint
- 3 tblsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 c. dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely minced
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat till a strip of won ton bounces across the surface. Add in the won ton strips in batches and fry, turning, till crisp and golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer to paper towels; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, chicken, bean sprouts, yellow pepper and cucumber.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, chiles, nutmeg, lemon grass, ginger, mint and basil. Add in the dressing to the salad and toss well. Gently mix in the crisp won ton strips. Turn out onto a serving platter and sprinkle with the peanuts.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 4142g|
|Calories from Fat 13478||85%|
|Total Fat 1509.36g||1887%|
|Saturated Fat 168.01g||672%|
|Trans Fat 16.87g|
|Total Carbs 548.07g||146%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.8g||46%|