Cost per serving $0.94 view details
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 c. salsa
- 1/4 c. chunky peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. grnd ginger
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- lettuce or possibly savoy cabbage leaves (optional)
- 1/4 c. coarsely minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 c. peanut halves
- 1/4 c. thin red pepper strips, cut into halves
- additional salsa (optional)
- 1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pcs; set aside.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 3. While pasta is cooking, combine 1 c. salsa, peanut butter, honey, orange juice, soy sauce and ginger in small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat till blended and smooth. Reserve 1/4 c. salsa mix.
- 4. Place pasta in large bowl. Pour remaining salsa mix over pasta; toss gently to coat.
- 5. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat till warm. Cook and stir chicken in warm oil about 5 min till chicken is browned on the outside and no longer pink in center.
- 6. Add in reserved salsa mix; mix well.
- 7. Arrange pasta on lettuce-lined platter, if you like. Place chicken mix on pasta. Top with cilantro, peanut halves and pepper strips.
- 8. Chill till mix is cooled to room temperature. Serve with additional salsa. Garnish, if you like.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 142g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 121||39%|
|Total Fat 13.95g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1.91g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 34.24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|