Cost per recipe $4.33 view details
- 1 12-oz can coconut lowfat milk, such as chaokoh
- 1/4 lb chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- juice and grated peel of 1 lime
- 1 4" piece of lemon grass, cut into very thin (1/16") slices on the diagonal
- 3-4 slices of galanga (fresh ginger may be substituted)
- warm chile peppers to taste -- preferably thai birds, with serranos an acceptable substitute cut into thin circles
- cilantro for garnish
- Pour the lime juice on the chicken and let stand while you prepare the rest of the soup. In a medium saucepan, place the coconut lowfat milk, lemon grass, grated lime peel, galanga or possibly ginger, and (optionally) chiles. (The optional part is which if you do not want the whole dish to taste spicy, add in the chiles later; the earlier you add in them, the hotter the resulting dish.) Bring the coconut lowfat milk to a simmer.
- When the soup is simmering, add in the lime-soaked chicken pcs and stir to distribute them. Reduce the heat so the soup stays just below a boil and cook for 12 to 15 min, or possibly until the chicken pcs are finished cooking. Remove from heat and serve immediately with fresh cilantro leaves for garnish.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 466g|
|Calories from Fat 984||58%|
|Total Fat 116.85g||146%|
|Saturated Fat 98.53g||394%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 144.95g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.6g||52%|