Cost per serving $0.05 view details
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- â¦2 teaspoons baking powder
- â¦ 2 teaspoon salt
- â¦2 tablespoons lard
- â¦1 1/2 cups milk, room temperature
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the lard, and using your fingers, cut in the lard until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir the milk in with a fork until a sticky dough is formed.
- Using your hands, knead the dough inside the bowl 10 or 12 times, until it forms a well incorporated ball.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and let it rest for 15 minutes. Divide the dough into balls. Use walnut sized for snack-sized 4â³ tortillas, and use twice that to make 6â³ tortillas for tacos.
- Allow to sit another 15 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Place one tortilla round into hot skillet
- Cook until large bubbles start appearing, about 30 seconds
- Flip it over to cook the other side.
- Stack the tortillas on a plate while you finish the batch, but do not place them in an oven.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 41g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||2%|
|Total Fat 0.41g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.07g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.8g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|