Cost per serving $0.34 view details
- 1Â 3/4 c. water
- 1 c. enriched white rice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â (or possibly vegetable oil)
- 2 slc bacon minced
- 1 med onion minced
- 1 can red beans liquid removed
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne sauce
- Â Â (Frank's Red Warm brand recommended)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add in rice, cover and simmer 20 min, stirring occasionally.
- When rice is done, remove it from the stove top.
- To a medium skillet over medium-high heat add in oil and bacon and cook 3 min to crisp edges of bacon. Add in onions and cook 3 min to soften. Add in beans to heat through, then stir in cooked rice.
- Season rice and beans with cayenne sauce, salt and pepper, to your taste. Serve rice and beans from the skillet.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 185g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||17%|
|Total Fat 7.3g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.89g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 60.76g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.0g||50%|