I recommend using rib-eyes or top sirloin for this recipe, especially if you like steak well-done.
Check the links below for Chimichurri and other recipes that accompany the tacos.
- 4 rib-eye steaks
- 1 tps. taco or beef fajita seasoning
- Lime Cilantro Crema:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. minced green onions
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- or Tabasco to taste
- thinly sliced lettuce or cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 recipe pico de gallo
- 1 recipe chimichurri
- flour tortillas
- Other suggested condiments: salsa of choice, guacamole, jalapeno slices
- Mix the crema ingredients ahead of time and refrigerate.
- Prepare pico and chimichurri recipes according to directions.
- Fire up the grill or skillet.
- Season the steaks on both sides.
- Cook to desired doneness, place on a platter, tent with foil.
- After 10 minutes, heat tortillas, cut steaks into cubes.
- Toss with 1/2 cup chimichurri.
- Layer on top of each tortilla: steak, cheese, pico, lettuce, crema.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 42g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||71%|
|Total Fat 7.39g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 4.22g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.74g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|