Tex-Mex Chimichurri Steak Tacos with Lime Cilantro Crema Recipe
I recommend using rib-eyes or top sirloin for this recipe, especially if you like steak well-done.
Check the links below for Chimichurri and other recipes that accompany the tacos.
- 4 rib-eye steaks
- 1 tps. taco or beef fajita seasoning
- Lime Cilantro Crema:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. minced green onions
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- or Tabasco to taste
- thinly sliced lettuce or cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 recipe pico de gallo
- 1 recipe chimichurri
- flour tortillas
- Other suggested condiments: salsa of choice, guacamole, jalapeno slices
Mix the crema ingredients ahead of time and refrigerate.
Prepare pico and chimichurri recipes according to directions.
Fire up the grill or skillet.
Season the steaks on both sides.
Cook to desired doneness, place on a platter, tent with foil.
After 10 minutes, heat tortillas, cut steaks into cubes.
Toss with 1/2 cup chimichurri.
Layer on top of each tortilla: steak, cheese, pico, lettuce, crema.
How good does this recipe look to you?