Chicken Kebabs with an orange/pineapple juice marinade which is then reduced and used as a sauce while grilling.
This is a colorful dish which not only pleases the taste buds but also the eye.
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 fresh pineapple cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1. In a large resealable bag, mix the orange juice, pineapple juice, minced garlic, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and soy sauce. Add the remaining ingredients including the chicken. Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator 6 to 24 hours.
- 2. If using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak skewers in warm water to prevent them from burning.
- 3. Remove vegetables, pineapple, and chicken from marinade. Reserve marinade. Place reserved marinade in a sauce pan over medium low heat cooking and stirring occasionally for 10 - 15 minutes or until reduced by half and thickened.
- 4. Arrange vegetables, pineapple, and chicken on the skewers leaving a small space in between each.
- 5. Lightly oil the grill grates. Place the kebabs on the grill. Grill skewers for 10 minutes turning them and brushing the thickened marinade on them until done.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 186g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 11||6%|
|Total Fat 1.28g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.32g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 20.92g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|