This is such a colorful appetizer. In reality, it's a deconstructed version of a very popular spinach salad, usually served with fruit, dried cranberries and a vinaigrette.
Creamy blue cheese, dried cranberries and toasted walnuts top endive, or apple slices.
Easy and delicious!
- 16 large endive leaves
- 2 large apples, cored and sliced
- Â½ cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Â¾ cup blue cheese , crumbled
- 2 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Toast walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat for two minutes until fragrant. Set aside and cool.
- 2. Arrange apple slices on one platter, and endive leaves on other platter.
- 3. In a medium bowl combine cooled walnuts, dried cranberries and blue cheese.
- 4. Top endive leaves with 1 tablespoon cheese mix and a drop or two of balsamic dressing.
- 5. Put remaining cheese, nuts and blue cheese in a bowl to serve with apple slices.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 963g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 67||23%|
|Total Fat 7.84g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.04g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 49.71g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 29.6g||99%|