Enjoy our "desi kukkad shukkad" with or without a green chutney...
The green chutney...well that is on the agenda...another day...
And if you have left overs make butter chicken....
add all the brownie points you earn by feeding your husband nice stuff and ask him to buy you some diamonds!
- 1 Chicken approx 1 kg skinned and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tbsp hung curd
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Salt,Red Chili powder,Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Tandoori Chicken Masala...(Any brand will do...just has the colour and the garam masala)
- 1 tbsp Kasoori Methi(Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic and green chili paste.
- Make small cuts on the chicken pieces...to allow the marinade paste to permeate .
- In a large bowl mix the hung curd,cream,vinegar,ginger garlic chili paste and spices.
- Mix well and add the chicken.
- And now ,with your hands mix this well ,ensuring you coat the chicken well and try and stuff the insides with the marinade too.Cover and leave at least 4 hours.You do not need to refrigerate this if you will be cooking soon ,but here in India we tend to play it safe.
- Now get your BBQ or tandoor working....high heat...I used AL foil on the grill...because the pieces will stick to the grill.If you can...use a skewer and a tandoor...otherwise your oven will do....
- The heat is INTENSE.So you can only turn the pieces once........now we wait for it to cook.Take off the wings first...they cook the fastest.The rest will take maybe a minute or two more.
- You have to wait a few minutes ...for the meat to rest...
- Try this with your family and friends...The company and the food will be more than enough compensation for all your efforts....
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 315g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 425||63%|
|Total Fat 47.17g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 13.74g||55%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.17g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|