Variations Black beans and / or corn, both good stand-ins for the olives, increase fiber and protein. For a change from cheddar, top tamales with queso fresco as they come our of the oven.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb tomatooes, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted olives (such as green, ripe) Kalamata, and/or Nicoise), coursely chopped
- 1/2 tsp each salt and ground black pepper
- 1 81/2 oz pkg corm muffin mix
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces) Pitted olives, coursely chopped tomatoes, and cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1.. Preheat oven to 425 F. In a 12 inch skillet cook beef until browned. Drain off Fat. Add chopped tomatoes, olives, 1/4 cup of water, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring ocassionally, until heated through.
- 2. Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Divide hot ground beefamong four 12 to 16 oz casserole dishes. Top with muffin mix, sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 3. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until topping is lightly golden and cooked through. Top with olives, tomatoes, and cilantro.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 134g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 317||78%|
|Total Fat 35.21g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 11.08g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.26g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|