This started as a New Year's Day chili to share with friends and watch football then grew legs with people from a Tai Chi class raving about how good it was and that it was the best chili they had eaten. So if your target demographics are elderly, asian, grandparents who do Tai Chi, then this is it!
- 1.25 lbs Turkey Store Ground Turkey Italian Style
- 1 package of hot taco seasoning
- 1 chopped large onion
- 1 16oz can of dark red kidney beans
- 1 16oz can of pinto beans
- 1 16oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- low fat sour cream
- shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown the ground turkey and drain any fat. Add taco season to ground turkey.
- In slow cooker (or crock pot), combine meat, onion, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and mix together. Cover and cook for 2 hours with occasionally stirring.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 177g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 8||4%|
|Total Fat 0.97g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.18g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 41.3g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.3g||51%|