Cost per recipe $4.49 view details
- 1 lb fresh tomatillos - (abt 11 or possibly 12)
- 3 lrg jalapeno peppers seeded
- 1 med onion minced
- 2 x garlic cloves
- 6 x cilantro sprigs stems removed
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Husk tomatillos and cut in half. Stem and half peppers. Boil tomatillos and peppers in chicken broth for 10 min. Strain, reserving broth.
- Combine tomatillos, peppers and remaining ingredients, except for the oil, in a blender and mix till almost smooth.
- Heat oil in frying pan till very warm. Add in the tomatillo mix and cook for 4 to 5 min, stirring constantly till dark and thick. Add in reserved broth to mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook till thickened, about 10 min, stirring occasionally.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1094g|
|Calories from Fat 167||46%|
|Total Fat 19.12g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 1.86g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 42.05g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.7g||46%|