Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- Â Â (New and Improved)
- Since Taco Bell brought the Enchirito back from the dead a couple years ago the product's formula has changed a bit. With the exclusion of the sliced black olives on top, plus a few other minor changes, this recipe represents our version of the "new" formulation of the chain's enchilada/burrito fusion product first introduced in the early 60's. The technique for preparation has also been improved from the recipe found in the first Top Secret Recipes this is the ultimate clone which makes sufficient for an entire family of Enchirito lovers.
- 1 lb. grnd beef1/4 c. all-purpose flour1 Tbsp. chili powder1 tsp. salt1/2 tsp. dry chopped onion1/2 tsp. paprika1/4 tsp. onion powderdash garlic powder1/2 c. water1 (16-oz) can refried beans10 to 12 small flour tortillas (fajita size)
- 1/4 onion, diced (about 1/2 c.)
- 1 (10-oz)
- can La Victoria red chile sauce2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the grnd beef with the flour, chili pwdr, salt, chopped onion, paprika, onion pwdr, and garlic pwdr. Use your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients into the grnd beef.
- 2. Add in the seasoned beef mix to the water in a skillet over medium heat.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon or possibly spatula, and break up the meat as it cooks. Heat for 8 to 10 min, or possibly till browned. The finished product should be very smooth with no large chunks of beef remaining.
- 3. Heat up the refried beans in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, or possibly in the microwave for a couple of min on high.
- 4. Hot the tortillas in a steamer, or possibly wrap them in a moist towel and microwave for 1 minute on high. You may also heat up the tortillas individually by placing them in a warm pan over medium heat for about 15 seconds per side.
- 5. Spoon about 3 Tbsp. of refried beans down the center of each tortilla. Spoon 3 Tbsp. of beef on top of the beans followed by a couple tsp. of chopped onion.
- 6. Fold the two sides of the tortilla over the beans and meat and flip the tortilla over onto a plate.
- 7. Spoon a couple Tbsp. of red sauce over the top of the tortilla, then sprinkle on a couple Tbsp. of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- 8. Heat up the dish for 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave, or possibly till the cheese on top begins to heat. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. )
- Makes 10 to 12.