Cost per recipe $0.00 view details
- Â Â (A clone, from Top Secret Recipes
- And for our final number in the month of Cinco de Mayo, we bring you the TSR version of one of Taco Bell's most famous burritos. You'll find this one to be a cinch. You simply make the meat the same way as in the taco clone recipe, then you toss the spiced beef and 7 other tasty ingredients into a large flour tortilla and fold it all up using the same technique as the chain. If desired a bit of heat, throw some of the warm sauce from last week's recipe in there and commence scarfing.
- 1 lb. lean grnd beef1/4 c. all-purpose flour1 Tbsp. chili powder1 tsp. salt1/2 tsp. dry chopped onion1/2 tsp. paprika1/4 tsp. onion powderdash garlic powder1/2 c. water1 (16-oz) can refried beanseight 10 inch flour tortillas1/2 c. enchilada sauce3/4 c. sour cream2 c. shredded lettuce2 c. shredded cheddar cheese1 medium tomato, diced1/2 c. diced yellow onion
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the grnd beef with the flour, chili pwdr, salt, chopped onion, paprika, onion pwdr, and garlic pwdr. Use your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients into the grnd beef.
- 2. Add in the seasoned beef mix to the water in a skillet over medium heat.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon or possibly spatula, and break up the meat as it cooks. Heat for 5 to 6 min, or possibly till browned. The finished product should be very smooth, somewhat pasty, with no large chunks of beef remaining.
- 3. Heat up the refried beans in a covered container in the microwave set on high temperature for 1 1/2 to 2 min.
- 4. Place the flour tortillas on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Heat the tortillas for 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave on high temperature.
- 5. Build each burrito by first spreading about 1/4 c. of refried beans on the center of a heated flour tortilla. Spread one-eighth of the meat mix over the beans, then pour about a Tbsp. of the enchilada sauce over the meat.
- 6. Stir the lowfat sour cream well, so which it is smoother, then spread about 1 1/2 Tbsp. onto the burrito. Arrange some of the lettuce, cheese, tomato and onion onto the tortilla, and then you're ready to roll.
- 7. Fold the end of the tortilla closest to you over the filling ingredients.
- Fold either the left or possibly right end over next. Then fold the top edge over the filling. You will be leaving one end of the burrito open and unfolded. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and serve immediately. 8 burritos.