Cost per serving $1.85 view details
- 2 cups cracked wheat (bulghur)
- 2 cups very hot water
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, (8) sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped mint
- 2 cups fresh chopped cilantro or parsley. ( I prefer cilantro)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- *I like to use a food processor to chop up all of the fresh ingredients, it is a lot quicker then chopping by hand.**
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- *Soak the cracked wheat in the hot water until the water is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- * Drain any excess water, if necessary, and squeeze dry.
- * Combine the salad ingredients, including wheat, in a medium bowl.
- * Mix the dressing ingredients together and stir into the salad mixture.
- *Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 174g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 181||91%|
|Total Fat 20.43g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 2.82g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.95g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|