Cost per serving $1.18 view details
- 1. heat one cup water.
- 2. put slightly less than 1 C of bulgar wheat in large bowl.
- 3. add 1/4 t salt to the wheat.
- 4. when water boils, pour it over salted bulgar wheat and set aside
- 5. pour 1/4 C olive oil into small bowl, use liquid measure.
- 6. Squeeze juice of one half lemon into small bowl.
- 7. Chop 1-2 T of fresh mint, depending on taste, add to bowl.
- 8. Mince two cloves of garlic, add to bowl.
- 9. Mix bowl ingredients.
- 10. Check bulgar. If it has absorbed all the water, go to next step. If not, give it another 15 minutes or so.
- 11. Blend the ingredients of the small bowl (the dressing) with the salted bulgar wheat in the big bowl. You can then put everything back in the small bowl so it won't take up so much room, and let the dressing flavors mix with the salted bulgar in the fridge for one day.
- 12. Next day, put the contents of the small bowl back in the big bowl.
- 13. Peel and chop a cucumber, add to bowl.
- 14. Chop the tomato, add to bowl.
- 15. Chop the green onions add to bowl.
- 16. Mix it up and eat.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 164g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||10%|
|Total Fat 0.32g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.62g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|