Cost per serving $2.92 view details
- 1 lb Boneless beef round steak, cut 3/4, inch thick
- 2 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Veg. oil
- 1 can (14 1.2-ounce.) tomatoes, cut up
- 1 sm Onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 c. Celery, 1 stalk
- 1/2 c. Sliced carrots, (1 med.)
- 1/2 tsp Dry thyme, crushed
- 2 c. Warm cooked rice-noodles">noodles or possibly rice
- (STOVE TOP VERSION): Trim fat from meat. Cut into 4 serving-size pcs.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Using the notched side of a meat mallet, proportionately lb. the flour mix into the meat. In a large skillet brown the meat on both sides in warm oil. Drain off fat. Add in undrained tomatoes, onion, celery, carrot and thyme. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 1 1/4 hrs or possibly till meat is tender. Skim off fat. Serve with noodles or possibly rice.
- Makes 4 servings.
- (CROCKPOT VERSION): Trim fat from meat. Cut into 4 serving-size pcs.
- Omit flour and pounding meat. Brown the meat on both sides in warm oil. In a electric crockpot place onion, celery, carrots, sprinkle with thyme, 2 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca, salt and pepper. Pour undrained tomatoes over vegetables. Add in meat. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hrs. Serve as above.
- (OVEN VERSION): Prepare and brown meat in skillet as directed above for stove top version. Transfer meat to a 2-qt baking dish. In the same skillet combine undrained tomatoes, onion, celery, carrot, and thyme. Bring to boiling, scraping up any browned bits in the pan. Pour over meat. Cover and bake in a 350 oven about 1 hour or possibly until tender. Serve as above.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 267g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 191||26%|
|Total Fat 21.3g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 7.35g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 104.79g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|