Cost per serving $1.74 view details
- 2Â 1/2 lb red Swiss chard
- Â Â (the average weight of 2 bundles)
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 lb pancetta or possibly bacon minced
- 1 sm yellow-skinned onion minced
- 1/4 c. golden brown raisins
- 14 ounce chicken stock or possibly broth
- Â Â Coarse salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp grnd nutmeg
- Â Â (or possibly equivalent of freshly grated)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coarsely chop the greens of clean red chard. Add in oil, pancetta, and minced onion to the pan and cook 2 or possibly 3 min till onions begin to soften and pancetta is lightly browned. Add in minced chard to pan in large bunches, adding remaining chard as the greens wilt.
- Sprinkle in raisins, pour in broth and season with salt and nutmeg. Bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat and simmer greens 10 to 15 min till greens are no longer bitter and you are ready to serve. Raisins will plump as the dish cooks through.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 259g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||39%|
|Total Fat 4.5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.77g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.42g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|