Cost per serving $2.73 view details
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 sm cabbage head sliced very finely,
- Â Â as for cole slaw
- 1 lrg onion thinly sliced
- 6 c. beef or possibly chicken stock
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 c. rice
- Â Â Grated Gruyere or possibly Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat the butter in a Dutch oven, toss in the cabbage and onion to coat, then cover and cook over low heat till the cabbage is golden brown and half cooked. Stir frequently or possibly it will burn.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Season to taste with the salt and pepper, then stir in the nutmeg. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 min. Add in the rice and continue simmering for 15 to 20 more min. Serve with grated cheese.
- Serve warm to 6 people - it's substantial sufficient to be a light meal.
- Comments: This traditional Swiss soup is native to the Schwyz canton, but quite similar to variations in other cantons.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 350g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 372||59%|
|Total Fat 41.38g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 17.86g||71%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.97g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|