Sharing with you a different variety of dosa which has no grinding or fermenting work.
Whole Wheat Flour - A Nutritious flour. Good source of calcium, iron, fiber and other minerals.
Jaggery - Also known as medicinal sugar has numerous health benefits. It is rich in minerals, vitamin. The magnesium in jaggery helps relaxing muscles, nerves. Iron helps to improve anaemic conditions.
Wheat dosai are made in two ways. One by soaking whole wheat & grinding it second method is the easiest way using wheat flour.
Just let the batter stand for 15 minutes or more and go ahead preparing it.
- Mix all the ingredinets except jaggery.
- Dissolve jaggery over medium flame adding a glass of water.
- Strain the impurities and add it to the mixed flour. Mix well.
- Add water little by little & prepare the batter without lumps
- If you find lumps, don't worry, take the big mixer jar, pour the
- prepared batter, blend well.
- Add salt to taste (lesser than normal consumption)
- The batter should not be too watery or too thick.
- Heat the dosa tawa, grease it, pour a laddle of the prepared batter & immediately & very very gently spread it to circular dosa shape.
- Pour few drops of oil around it
- When one side is done, flip and cook the other side too till it turns golden in colour.
- Note : If you are not able to spread it properly, then don't worry just add little more rice flour, required water & check the consistency. I use the traditional iron dosa tava into which the above ratio comes out well for me. You can use a non-stick tava too.
- Flavouring :- By making some variations in the ingredients you can bring a twist in taste.
- You can add some cardamom powder to the batter to bring in a nice flavour to your sweet dosa.
- Use ghee instead of oil.
- Variation : - With the given ingredient minus Jaggery you can make the normal salt wheat dosa.
- Enjoy the yummy sweet wheat dosa along with chutney / gun powder / pulikachal (puli inji).
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 156g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||3%|
|Total Fat 1.77g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.37g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 121.69g||32%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|