Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- . > American / Metric measures <
- . > WET mix:
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) / (1 envelope*) active dry yeast 'Traditional'
- . 2 tsp. (10ml) granulated sugar
- . 1/2 cup (125ml) warm water
- . 3 large eggs
- . 3 Tbsp. (45ml) agave nectar (or honey)
- . 1 cup (250ml) cooked sweet potato * purÃ©ed...measure as volume
- . > DRY mix:
- . 4 cups (520g) bread flour, (spoon into a dry-measure cup and level off)
- . 1/4 cup (30g) ground flaxseed
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) sea salt
- . 1 Tbsp. (15ml) olive oil
- .* Do not follow the directions on the envelope...it's not suitable.
- . YEAST liquid: In a medium sized glass measuring cup, pour the warm (112F/44C) water and add to it the sugar and granular yeast. Give it a good stir to dissolve and place it into a draft-free area like a turned off oven. Let the yeast properly foam and activate for about 10 minutes.
- . DOUGH: Place the 'sifted' flour, ground flaxseed and salt into a mixing bowl of a food processor. Use the dough attachment and adjust to a medium speed (#2 for most). Start whirling the flour mix before very slowly pouring the yeast liquid through the top spout. Now, add the sweet potato purÃ©e. The dough is ready pretty quickly as it pulls back from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball. Afterwards, pour the oil down the same spout. The dough is now ready.
- . DOUGH at REST: Turn the dough into a large and lightly oiled bowl and let it rise uncovered into the draft-free oven. In addition, place a smaller bowl of water alongside so that the dough stays moist without drying out. Let it rise and double for about 1 hour. Take the dough out to "punch" down in order to release its gases. Place the bowl back into the oven to have it continue rising for another 15 minutes.
- . ASSEMBLY: Lightly oil a very large, rectangular pan. Use a parchment paper to place the risen dough and slice it into 16 even pieces. With lightly floured hands, roll each piece into rustic balls and sparingly place them in the pan with some space in between. Cover the pan with a towel and give them a chance to rise again during another hour.
- . BAKE: Position rack at the bottom of the oven. Pre-heat the oven to a hot 350F/180C/Gas4. Bake for 30 minutes or until the buns are golden. Once baked, gently pull them apart and serve.
- . Claudia's flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|