Cost per serving $0.69 view details
- 2Â 1/2 lb sweet potatoes - (abt 3 medium)
- 4 c. apple cider
- 1/4 c. chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. butter - (1/4 stick)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in large pot; add in sufficient water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer till potatoes are very tender, about 40 min. Drain; cold. Peel; cut into large chunks. Transfer to processor.
- Bring cider to boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer till cider is reduced to 1 c., about 30 min. Transfer cider, ginger, and butter to processor with potatoes; process till very smooth. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 4 hrs ahead. Transfer puree to heavy medium saucepan. Cover; chill. Stir over medium heat to rewarm before serving.)
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: This sweet-and-spicy dish is delicious with tan-skinned sweet potatoes or possibly the sweeter red-skinned ones (also known as yams).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 309g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 36||16%|
|Total Fat 4.15g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.73g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|