I need no say how cupcakes are popular all over the world.
That is the main reason why I from now and then feature a cupcake recipe.
Japanese-style cupcakes seem to be still new. They naturally come with different ingredients. Have you ever thought of making one with sweet potato.
Sweet potato is satsuma imo/薩摩芋 in Japanese and they originally came from Central America.
The recipe below is very simple and should be easily expanded.
- For 2 large 10Ã10 cm cupcakes (can of course be divided into smaller ones)
- Sweet potato: 200 g
- Sugar: 30 g
- Dry raisins: 30 g
- All purpose flour: 50 g
- Butter: 60 g
- Egg: 1
- Baking powder: half a teaspoon
- Powdered sugar: a little
- -Set a microwave oven on âvegetables cookingâ and heat the sweet potatoes. Peel their skins off. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- -In a food processor drop in flour, sugar, butter, egg and baking powder. Blend. Add sweet potato and blend.
- -Add raisins and mix roughly. Pour into cups. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 25~30 minutes.
- -Once baked sprinkle with powdered sugar.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 358g|
|Calories from Fat 473||47%|
|Total Fat 53.74g||67%|
|Saturated Fat 32.31g||129%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 121.25g||32%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|