Cost per recipe $17.84 view details
- 1 c. Dark raisins
- 1/2 c. Port wine
- 1/2 x B&B liqueur
- 1 lb Low-fat, sweet Italian sausage, casings removed or possibly low-fat grnd turkey breast
- 2 c. Yellow onions (diced)
- 1 c. Small celery hearts (diced)
- 2 c. Small sweet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh sage, (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh rosemary, (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh thyme, (minced)
- 8 c. Low-fat cornbread or possibly low fat corn muffins, (crumbled)
- 1 c. Granny Smith apples with skin on, diced small (approximately 1/4")
- 1 c. Fresh parsley, minced
- 1Â 1/2 c. Freshly roasted chestnuts
- Â Â Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3/4 c. 1% low fat lowfat milk
- 3 c. Defatted chicken stock
- Prepare the cornbread & sausage stuffing. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Soak the raisins in the Port and B&B for at least 2 hrs, preferably overnight. In a large pan over high heat, sautee the sausage (or possibly grnd turkey) for two min drain all excess fat. Add in the onions and sweat them for two min. Add in the celery, sweet potatoes and all of the fresh herbs, sautee for two to three min. Transfer into a large glass bowl. Add in all of the remaining ingredients.
- Spray a baking pan or possibly dish (approx. 15" x 10" x 2") with a low-fat spray.
- Place the stuffing in the baking pan, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 min. Uncover and bake for 10 more min or possibly till top is golden.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3537g|
|Calories from Fat 2630||42%|
|Total Fat 292.47g||366%|
|Saturated Fat 82.43g||330%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 758.06g||202%|
|Dietary Fiber 72.6g||242%|