Finishing off Heart Healthy month's dedication with sweet potato.
A standing denial of making bread no longer scares me from my beating weakness.
These buns were delicious ;o)
For a detailed post...refer to:
- . > American / Metric measures <
- . 2-1/4 cup (338g) all-purpose flour (spoon into a dry-measure cup and level off) [separate 1 cup (150g)...plus 1-1/4 cup (188g)]
- . 2 Tbsp. (15ml) granulated sugar
- . 2 tsp. (10ml) active dry yeast 'traditional'
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- . 1/2 cup (125ml) sour cream
- . 2 Tbsp. (15ml) unsalted butter
- . 1 large egg
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) sea salt
- . 1 cup (250ml) cooked sweet potato * purÃ©ed...measure as volume
- . * note: replace sweet potato by any other flavourful cooked, purÃ©ed vegetable like: beet, Squash...
- . Position the oven rack on the second level from the bottom. Prepare and generously grease a 12 unit metal pan like for muffins or small squares. Set aside.
- . In a large bowl, combine the first portion of flour (1 cup /150g) along with the sugar and yeast. Whisk and make a well. Set aside.
- . In a medium bowl, beat the egg and salt lightly. Whisk in the vegetable sweet potato purÃ©e to combine. Set aside.
- . Meanwhile, in a small pot, combine and warm the sour cream, water and butter on low heat. Give it a stir every so often. When the butter has melted, it usually signals the required 120-130F/49-54C temperature needed. Do the finger test or use a thermometer. Remove the pot from the heat and add this liquid mix to the flour mix while briskly mixing with a heavy solid spatula for about 30 seconds. Now, blend in the sweet potato mix.
- . Afterwards, also add the remaining flour by continuing to fold the flour until all flour traces have disappeared.
- . Lastly, with the aid of a medium (#30) ice-cream scooper, place a 3/4 filled scoop of dough into each pan cavity. Cut a long piece of plastic wrap and cover generously with a vegetable spray. With the greased side, place it on top of the dough. Set it aside in a warm area and let it rise as it doubles in size for about 1 hour or so...depending on the surrounding temperature.
- . BAKE the bread rolls in a 375F/190C/Gas5, pre-heated oven, for 24 minutes in a dark pan. Adjust a few minutes less for a lighter pan. Remove the breads from the pan as soon as possible and let them cool on a metal rack.
- . Claudia's flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|