Cost per serving $0.74 view details
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 pounds peeled sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1.5 tsp fresh chopped (finely diced) ginger
- 0.5 tsp ground nutmeg
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- 3 to 6 cups of chicken broth (depending on how thick you want the soup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large, deep pan.
- 2. Add sweet potato chunks, then onion, stirring very little at first then more frequently until veggies start to turn golden brown. (approx. 10 mins)
- 3. Reduce heat to low and add butter, sugar and garlic. Continue cooking until veggies are rich spotty caramel colour. (another 10 mins)
- 4. Add ginger, nutmeg and cayenne pepper, continue to saute for 1 more min.
- 5. Add broth (you decide how much or little depending on how thick you like your soup). Simmer, partially covered, until sweet potatoes are tender (approx. 10 mins).
- 6. Using a blender, puree until very smooth - 30 secs to 1 min.
- 7. Return to pan. If you wish you can add some milk or half and half (I tried that the first time I made this and it was a little rich for me). Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat through and ladle into bowls.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 217g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||39%|
|Total Fat 5.06g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.48g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.99g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|