Cost per serving $21.83 view details
- 200 gm chickpeas soaked
- 500 gm sweet potato peeled and cut 10mm dice
- 400 gm can minced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. coriander freshly minced
- Â Â hot Indian breads to serve
- 1 lrg onion roughly minced
- 3 clv garlic roughly minced
- 2 x fresh red chillies seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp. curry paste as mild or possibly warm as you like grated
- 1 Tbsp. lime pickle
- 2 tsp demerara sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 x cm piece fresh ginger root peeled and roughly minced
- 4 Tbsp. ghee unsalted butter or possibly groundnut oil
- Â Â tomato salad:
- 6 x ripe tomatoes cored and sliced
- 1 sm red onion finely sliced
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 4 x spring onions trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 x juice of 1/2 lime
- Blend together all the ingredients for the curry paste except the ghee till smooth using a liquidiser or possibly food processor.
- Scrape the paste into a large ovento hobcasserole add in the ghee butter or possibly oil and cook covered on the floor of the roasting ovenfor 10 min.
- Bring the chickpeas to the boil in a pan of fresh water then cover them and cook on the simmering plate for 10 min.
- Leave on the back of the aga till required.
- Stir the sweet potato into the curry paste then continue to cook in the roasting ovenfor 5 min.
- Drain the chickpeas and add in them to the curry with the minced tomatoes. Bring to the boil on top of the aga then cover the pan again and cook for 3 1/2 to 4 hrs on the floor of the simmering oven.
- Layer the sliced tomatoes and red onion for the salad in a small dish with seasonings over each layer.
- Scatter with the spring onions then squeeze the lime juice over the salad. Leave to stand for 10 min or possibly so.
- Season the curry to taste then serve with the tomato salad and hot Indian breads.
- You might say which this is a bit of a cheat for a Slow Start Quick Finish recipe but all you have to do to serve the curry is heat through some naan breads and make a quick tomato and onion salad. The chickpeas may be replaced with diced chicken if you prefer. Brown the chicken before the sweet potato then continue as suggested.
- Serves 6
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 7705g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 183||12%|
|Total Fat 21.21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 7.17g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 344.34g||92%|
|Dietary Fiber 85.1g||284%|