This cornbread recipe is simple and delicious. All you need is two large bowls, a solid 13x9 pan, and some bakers joy cooking spray. Oh, an oven would be great too. With this recipe you can omit half the amount of sugar, and add any ingredients to make it your own. I sometimes add cheddar cheese, whole kernels of frozen corn, onions, whatever you like. I usually add about 1 cup of each. Or you can make it plain. Either way they are yummie.
- 3 cups bisquick
- 1 cup sugar (reduce to half cup when adding other ingredients.)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cornmeal (I use Martha White plain white enriched)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup melted butter
- Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray. Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl.
- With a rubber spatula pour wet ingredients on top of dry. Mix till well blended by hand.
- Pour into pan spread evenly and bake on middle rack for 35 - 40 minutes until top is golden brown, and center comes clean when knife is inserted. Cool on wire rack for ten minutes. Before cutting.
- I like to brush butter on the top when it comes out of the oven. That. Is an option. Cut in squares and serve. Great with any meal, or by
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 52g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 96||50%|
|Total Fat 10.94g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5.83g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.05g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|