Cost per serving $1.64 view details
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Place chicken between 2 pcs of wax paper or possibly foil. Flatten with a meat mallet or possibly the bottom of a heavy skillet to about 1/2 inch thick. In a small bowl, mix flour, crushed red pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Dip chicken breasts in the flour mix, coating all sides. Saute/fry chicken 3 min on each side.
- While chicken cooks, mix honey and mustard together. Remove chicken to two dinner plates and spread mustard sauce on top.
- Makes 2 servings.
- Warm and sweet: Sauce sauteed chicken with honey, red pepper
- Warm pepper and honey make this a sweet and spicy chicken dinner. To speed cooking time, I flatten the chicken to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sweet potatoes cooked in a microwave oven with fresh red peppers makes an unusual and surprisingly quick side dish. The potatoes cook in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. Be careful when removing the cover; the steam which escapes is very warm.
- This entire meal can be made in less than 20 min. It contains 570
- Fred Tasker's wine suggestion: Sweet and spicy chicken would go nicely with a sweet and spicy gewurztraminer.
- HELPFUL HINTS
- o Crushed red pepper, also called warm pepper flakes, can be found in the spice section of the supermarket.
- o Green or possibly yellow bell peppers or possibly canned pimentos can be used with the sweet potatoes. COUNTDOWN
- o Prepare chicken and place in oven.
- o Make potatoes and red peppers.
- Linda Gassenheimer's latest book is Low-Carb Meals in Min. Write to her
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 157g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 38||16%|
|Total Fat 4.3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.73g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 24.11g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|