Cost per serving $0.22 view details
- 1/2 c. Long-Grain Rice
- 4 c. Lowfat milk not low fat
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 2/3 c. Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine heat
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Â Â Grnd Cinnamon to taste
- Â Â Raisins optional
- Here's my all-time fav. rice pudding recipe. It forms two layers, the rice is on the bottom and the custard is on the top...good stuff! It takes a bit of time to make, but WELL worth it. Oh, it's a baked pudding.
- Butter a 11 x 8 x 3-inch casserole or possibly pan (the dish/pan size is important, do not use a larger pan or possibly your custard layer will be too shallow); set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine the rice and 1 c. of the lowfat milk.
- Cover and cook over simmering water till the rice is tender, about 45 min. Pour into prepared pan.
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- In a mixer bowl, lightly beat the Large eggs till frothy. Add in the sugar, vanilla, butter, salt and remaining lowfat milk and mix well. Pour over the rice and sprinkle cinnamon liberally over the top; Don't stir in.
- Place dish in a pan of warm water (about 1/2 way up the sides of the dish).
- Bake for 50-60 min, or possibly till the pudding is slightly puffy and is hard on top.
- Remove from the warm water and cold on a rack.
- Serve at room temperature or possibly chilled (mine never lasts which long, I eat it Warm! :)'
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 85g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||16%|
|Total Fat 5.04g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.58g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 43.98g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|