Cost per serving $0.49 view details
- For dough
- 1 1/4 c. hot water (105F.)
- 3/4 stk unsalted butter (6 Tbsp.)
- melted and
- cooled slightly
- 6 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 pkt active dry yeast (5 Tbsp. total)
- 3 lrg Large eggs beaten lightly
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c. powdered nonfat dry lowfat milk
- 5 c. all-purpose flour (5 to 6)
- 1/2 stk unsalted butter (1/4 c.) softened
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. grnd cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. cardamom seeds grnd *
- egg wash: beat
- 1 lrg egg with
- 2 Tbsp. water
- * Grind in a mortar with a pestle, or possibly in an electric spice/coffee grinder
- Make dough:In a large bowl combine water, butter, and sugar. Sprinkle yeast over mix and let stand 5 min, or possibly till foamy. Stir in Large eggs, salt and dry lowfat milk till combined. With a wooden spoon stir in 5 sups flour, 1 c. at a time, and stir mix till a dough is formed.
- On a floured surface, knead dough about 10 min, adding sufficient of the remaining 1 c. flour to make dough smooth and elastic. Put dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat, and let rise, covered with plastic wrap, in a hot place till doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and on floured surface with a floured rolling pin roll into a 15- by 20-inch rectangle. Spread butter over dough and sprinkle with granulated sugar, cinnamon and cardamom.
- With a long side facing you, roll up dough jelly-roll fashion and cut crosswise into approximately 1 1/2-inch-thick slices with a cut side down. Working with 1 slice at a time gently twist opposite ends of slice around twice to create a figure eight. Crimp ends together. Arrange rolls, a swirled side up, on a buttered baking sheet about 2 inches apart and let rise in a hot place till increased 1 1/2 times in bulk, about 1 hour.
- While rolls are rising, preheat oven to 350F.
- Brush tops of rolls with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake rolls in middle of oven till tops are pale golden brown, about 25 min.
- Makes about 15 rolls.
- You Asked For It; The Jenny Lind Cafe, Stockholm WI
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 128g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 104||28%|
|Total Fat 11.87g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 6.67g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 57.73g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|