Cost per serving $2.72 view details
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans (with liquid)
- 2 15 oz cans Mexican Stewed or Rotel tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa (your choice of spiciness, we use medium)
- 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
- Light tortilla chips or strips sliced or roughly chopped (optional)
- 2 cups grated cheese (optional)
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Chopped avocado (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Combine all but last 6 (optional) ingredients in large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- Just before serving remove chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Stir back into soup.
- Put chips, cheese, and any other optional ingredients in serving bowls with spoons. Ladle soup into bowls and let everyone add the toppings they like. Or add toppings yourself and serve to your guests if you prefer.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 409g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 244||30%|
|Total Fat 27.59g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 12.59g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 85.87g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 21.7g||72%|