Cost per recipe $9.18 view details
- 2 lb hard ripe red tomatoes washed and cored
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 16 lrg basil leaves washed torn into strips
- Â Â salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 1 pkt frzn peas (10 ounce.)
- 1/2 lb garden style rotini pasta
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- On a cutting board, dice tomatoes with a utility knife. Hot the extra virgin olive oil in a large sauta pan, over medium heat. Add in the diced tomato, half of the strips of basil, salt and pepper to taste. Stir often with the wooden spoon, for at lease 30 min or possibly till thick. Add in the frzn peas and reduce heat to low while cooking pasta. Add in 1 Tbsp. of salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Add in pasta and cook for 8 to 10 min. Very carefully remove pot from stove, place it into sink and drain. Pour the liquid removed pasta into a bowl and toss with the butter, remaining strips of basil, and the warm tomato sauce. Sprinkle with freshly grated cheese.
- Serves 4-6
- Description: "The flavor of ripe, fresh tomatoes is so satisfying. Very little is needed to make a wonderful pasta dish and it is simple for little hands to create."
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1364g|
|Calories from Fat 644||60%|
|Total Fat 73.2g||92%|
|Saturated Fat 24.12g||96%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 80.86g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 24.5g||82%|