Cost per serving $0.08 view details
- 1 large good quality sliced white loaf
- 6 cups mixed summer fruit (e.g.mstrawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, cherries) roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cassis liqueur (optional)
- 2 pint deep rounded bowl (pudding basin)
- Mix the berries and sugar in a large pan, simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Add the cassis if using.
- Remove the crusts from the slices of bread.
- Dip the bread slices in the fruit juices and use them to line the bowl, dipped sides outermost. Overlapping slightly.
- Pour the cooled fruit mix into the bowl and cover with more bread slices.
- Place a saucer on top and some kind of weight (can of soup) and refrigerate for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Slide a knife around the inside of the bowl to loosen and turn out onto a plate.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt, ice cream, whipped cream or whatever you prefer.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 25g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.0g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|