Cost per serving $1.73 view details
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/4 pound Italian pork sausage
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed Saltine crackers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaf, crumbled
- Salt to taste
- A dash of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the zucchini.
- Cook all four zucchinis in boiling salted water until tender. This usually takes about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Remove the squash, mash, and set aside.
- Place shells in a baking dish, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage with the chopped onion, and drain off excess fat. While doing this, stir in mashed zucchini.
- Save two tablespoons of Parmesan cheese for topping, add the remaining Parmesan cheese to the meat mixture along with the leftover ingredients.
- Mix very well. Spoon the mixture into zucchini shells. Lightly cover the stuffed zucchini with the leftover two tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Bake stuffed zucchini for 25 to 30 minutes in the oven.
- Remove, and enjoy!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 255g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 122||54%|
|Total Fat 13.64g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 5.35g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 13.61g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|